Thursday, November 3, 2011

Tres Bien!

Its always hard to judge your life by looking at it as a whole. You either focus on the good parts, or scrutinise the bad ones. But if you examined your life really carefully, you'd realise, life is so much better than the bleak outlook we have come to associate with these three words.

FUCK

MY

LIFE.

I also realise that people tend to use that phrase a bit too liberally. I mean, does your life really suck so bad because you have a really hard exam? It always seems bleak during, but its still no reason to curse your no doubt wonderfully blessed life, with a car, loving parents, great friends. Thats all anyone could really ever ask for. A billion dollars wouldn't hurt either, but you can't have it all.

So that brings me to the point of this post.

Sometimes, when I have had a really high point in my life, I like to reflect on the different aspects of my life, because everything seems so rosy.

What is this high point you ask? *cue exasperated faces like in Big Bang Theory.*

My family and I were in Kajang, or I thought we were, and Paps had been taking his liquor like he takes his medicine, as if it were necessary. But for once, I was glad he did. He then proceeded to hand me the keys to the Mercedes.

*HALLELUJAH*

Ah, the ride home felt too short. It might not sound like a big deal, but to me, it is. I drive a Myvi, and the engine vibrates like it ran on nuts and bolts at 120. But the Mercedes is such a beast. It felt like I was in one of those gliders you see in The Jetsons.

But besides appealing to the materialistic and vain side of me, it also showed me a new found level of trust Paps had in me. I know this sounds very tween and 13 year old girl with daddy issues like, but it did. Don't worry, it didn't unfold in the movies, where the dad smiles like an idiot for several minutes with uplifting music in the background playing before the girl runs and jumps into his arms. Not so drama, thanks.

But it did. I have crashed my car once, and to allow me to drive home was a newfound sign of trust I'd do well not to misuse. CHEH.

So I guess I won't be using "that" phrase anytime soon.

:)

No comments: