Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Off the rails

If I were you, and I think its safe to assume that I am you, in terms of being a student with high hopes and bright eyes, I'd get out of Malaysia as soon as you are given the opportunity.

This country has gone mad, thanks to the racial segregation, petty squabbling and monkeys as politicians.

Instead of headlines that champion our economic progress or our national football's team successful retention of the SEA Games gold, our papers are filled with stories of politicians slinging mud at each other. One even called the other a Hitler.

For the convenience of my memory, for I am hopeless at their names, I shall refer to them as "one".

So One1 called One2 Hitler, One3 labelled One4 metallic black, and One5 asked for One6's resignation because of her husband's antics.

It really begs the question, are the people my parents have put in power to run this country, running the country? Because all that seems to make the news are the squabbles that have honestly created a wedge between PR and BN.

Democracy is fine and all, till it impedes the progress of the nation. Take the US for example, the Jobs bill that Obama has introduced is going nowhere because the Republicans cannot see eye to eye with the Democrats. But yet, they are making progress there.

You can't on one hand blame Najib for the high rate of unemployment, and on the other be opposed to all the efforts he puts forward.

Malaysia oh Malaysia, as beautiful and as lovely a country you have been towards my child and teenhood, when I grow up, I'm getting out of here.

Sorry to say, I suggest you do too.

No comments: