Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Dear 40 year old me


I thought that was a beautiful way to convey a message of checking yourself for melanoma, which is skin cancer.

So, while not in the same, good meaning, nostalgic spirit, this post is a message for me, in 20 years.

Dear 40 year old me,

I would really like you to be the suit wearing, whiskey slurping, womanizer that all teenagers grow up to be, more so now with the phenomenon that is Barney Stinson. But, as the most realistic person(some may say boring) I know, I'm going to try and keep this realistic.

You should be a partner at a major law firm by now, or even associate partner. Your clients include some really big corporate companies, or large car manufacturers. You should be driving a Camaro, or something that goes from 0 to 60 in 3 secs. Preferably a cherry red Ferrari. Yellow's good too, but with Ferraris, the only colour it looks good in, is red. Your place, either a bohemian-themed bachelor pad, or a swanky, metallic dark colours penthouse. Whatever your preference at that time. While I may not know what the styles of 2022 may look like, I know that some classics never change, and I consider this a classic.

Family is optional. Children are optional, though highly frowned upon. Here's a tip, everytime you think kids are a good idea, head to a jungle gym, or the mall. Wife (highly optional but don't let her see this) should look decent, but posses a great sense of humour. Or one that's unique, like yours. Funny, charming, knows how to take a joke, and knows how to dish one out too. I'm really trying to downplay my expectations here, so you better be overachieving!

I guess thats mostly it. One more thing, could you send me a sign at exactly 2.05pm on the 29th of December that time travel exists? Thanks bro.

1 comment:

Soddy said...

you dint write the year at the end of 29th Dec, haha.. now you would be waiting at EVERY 29th of Dec at 2.05pm for a sign haha.. hilarious you are!